Pearl City Chapter, Hyderabad, India
is one of the fastest growing components of PMI in the Asia pacific region. The
chapter was incorporated in the year 2001 with 25 members and it has grown close
to 1000 members. The chapter has made significant contribution in the region by
evangelizing the project management profession through seminars, workshops, conferences
and network meetings. During the year 2007 we reached over 1500 students with a
unique Project Management competency development program.
Pearl City Chapter was the recipient of “2005 Community Advancement through Project
Management” award in the Component category. The last international conference from
this chapter called Gyan Lahari (Knowledge Waves) attracted over 500 PM professionals.
The then Hon’ble president of India Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam inaugurated and delivered
the keynote address at the Conference
The last international conference from this chapter called Gyan Lahari (knowledge
waves) attracted over 500 PM Professionals. The then president of India Dr. A.P.J
Abdul Kalam inaugurated and delivered the keynote address at the conference.
To be globally respected “not-for-Profit” Organization making Project Management
and Leadership vital for shaping Academia, Business, Society and Nation.
- Advocate Project Management and Leadership Culture
- Enhance Project Management & Leadership Intellect of Youth & working professionals
- Drive Innovation in Project Management & Leadership
- Champion Project Management & Leadership Adoption
- Establish mutually beneficial strategic alliances/partnerships
- Make Volunteer Leadership a strategic competency
- Provide a platform for members & volunteers to hone their professional competencies
- Build a Project Management & Leadership Competency Building Platform
- Build a self-sustained member and volunteer management system
- Maintain Financial Viability
To Create Volunteers Power House (25% of members) To Build Project Management Competency
Building Platform To Build Student Leadership Competency Building Platform Create
Mentors Power House Set Up R & D Center for New Standards (e.g. LBOK)
PMIPCC has set one of its key strategic objective to spread PM Knowledge across
it's different stakeholders like members, academia, business , society and Nation.
To achieve this, we have established one of the strategic units - PMIPCC Academy
. This academy has been playing a key role in this objective by continuously delivering
high quality workshops with the help and support from volunteers with divergent
backgrounds. More than 50+ active Faculty who come with rich industry experience
from across IT / Public Sector/ Pharma / Academia and Government sectors. Each facilitator
is selected based on stringent criteria like relevant Project Management experience,
PMP Certified, Communication & Training skills, Commitment to contribute and expand
on the knowledge of Project Management. Academy has key alliances with strategic
partners in government and corporates to spread the knowledge of Project Management.
Few of our partners are Deloitte/ Avineon / Microsoft, Andhra Pradesh Academy of
Rural Development (APARD), etc. where regular Project Management programs are conducted.
In order to foster the PM Knowledge further, real time value enhancement activities
are organized as part of PMIPCC Clusters
From a humble beginning in 2002 with 25 members, the chapter has grown by leaps
and bounds to about 900+ as of June 2010.
Alliances and partnerships:
We have formed strategic alliances to propagate the Project Management knowledge
to different organizations. They include: Deloitte, Avineon, GE, Microsoft, GOVERNMENT
organizations like APARD, MANAGE, HYSEA and educational institutions such as VIGNAN
Few of our delighted Clients:
ADP, Avineon, Bank of America, BEL, Cell Exchange, CMC, Cognizant, Convergys, DELL,
Dr. Reddy’s, Fusion, GE, HCL - Chennai, Invensys, Kanbay, Microsoft, Navionics,
Oracle, Pfizer, Vertexcs, Visual Soft, Virtusa - Chennai & Hyd, Prodapt - Chennai,
Springboard Technologies, Zen Technologies...
- 2001: PMIPCC Chapter Registered
- 2002: Formal Launch of PMIPCC Chapter
- National Symposium on Project Management 2003.
Keynote speaker - Prof. U.R.Rao, Chief of ISRO.
Speakers from Industry, Government and Academia
Over 200 participants
- Gyan Lahari Project Management APAC Conference 2005 “Unleash the Power of Project
Management to shape academia, business, society & nation”.
Keynote address delivered by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, honorable president of India
Around 500 intellectuals from the Industry and Government attended the Inaugural
session and Keynote address. Around 350 Delegates attended the 2-day conference
- Student Leadership Competency Building Program was unveiled to “Build Leadership
and Project Management Knowledge” at Academia
- Conducted awareness sessions for more than 5000 students covering 85 institutes
in 12 cities/towns in 7 different states of India
- PMIPCC wins Award among PMI chapters world-wide. “PMI Community Advancement through
Project Management Award”
- PMIPCC obtained the benefit of Section 80 G and 12A under Income Tax Rules of Govt.
- Organised a major conference "Gyan Lahari 2007 Student Leadership Conference" with
focus on students.
- Around 1200 plus students across the country attended this program.
- Announced February 3rd of every year as International Student Leadership Day.
- Celebrated this event with more than 3000 students by organising a 3 km walk
- Celebrated 3rd February at various academic institutes
- Organising the first National Project Management Conference India, 2009 in collaboration
with other PMI Chapters in India along with PMI India
- Gyan Lahari 2010 - a Mega event of the chapter